- Golden image with Hystax Acura (provided by request).
- Flexible Engine virtual machine with 8 vCPUs, 16GB RAM, 100GB disk created from the Hystax Acura Golden image.
- Resources to launch a VM with 2 vCPUs, 4Gb RAM, 40GB disk for the Hystax Cloud Agent. Created in each target / failover project.
- SMTP server with TLS/SSL encryption.
- Security groups allowing the following traffic:
- Hystax Acura host:
- Ingress – tcp/443
- Ingress – tcp/4443
- Ingress – udp/12201
- Hystax Cloud Agent (spawned automatically in the Target Project):
- Ingress – tcp/80
- Ingress – tcp/3260
- Deploy a virtual machine from the golden image with a key pair attached and launch it in the Flexible Engine cloud.
Adding a key pair during Acura’s deployment is highly recommended to provide you with SSH access to the machine. Although Hystax Engineering team will be able to perform maintenance checks and troubleshooting (as long as the network is reachable and your security groups allow the corresponding traffic), it is better to have your own means of accessing the Acura instance. Please refer to Flexible Engine’s official documentation on using an SSH public-private key pair.
- Open a web browser and go to https://<ip_address_of_the_machine>/. You will be redirected to the Hystax Setup Wizard. After you perform all the steps, the installation will be complete and you will be able to start using Hystax Acura.
- Step 1: Enter the organization name and new Hystax Admin User credentials into the Setup Wizard. This will be the user account for logging in to Hystax Acura Control Panel and managing the system. If there are any errors, the system will notify you.
- Step 2: Fill in your Hystax License key that was supposed to be shared with you in advance as well as the settings for accessing your mail server, which will be used to send notifications from Acura and generate periodic reports.
SMTP server with TLS/SSL encryption is required to proceed with deployment.
If you prefer a public SMTP server associated with your email address (gmail, yahoo etc.), please find its settings online. In case of a private SMTP server, contact your network administrator for further details.
A sample notification will be sent to the specified “Test email” to verify the functionality when you click “Next”.
- Step 3: Fill in all the fields by providing cloud configuration details. Use question mark icons to get hints on the fields. After you click “Next”, the Setup Wizard will validate the entered data and notify you in case of an error.
|Keystone API Endpoint||Flexible Engine Keystone authentication URL||http://controller.dts.loc:35357/v3|
|User Domain||User domain name to access Flexible Engine||default|
|Username||Username to access Flexible Engine||admin|
|Password||Password to access Flexible Engine||passw|
|Target Project Domain||Target Flexible Engine project domain name||default|
|Target Project Name||Target Flexible Engine project name where replicated workloads will be spun up||TargetProj|
|Hystax Service Network||VPC ID that will be used for Hystax Cloud Agent machines. Should be the same or routable to the network in which a Hystax Acura instance is located||2ed1d818-a744-4341-8172-2c5349c6418d|
|Floating IP Network||External network that will be used to attach Floating IPs to migrated machines. Most Flexible Engine clouds have “admin_external_net”||admin_external_net|
|Hystax Acura Control Panel Public IP||Public IP that will be used to access the Hystax Control Panel via web browser and by replication agents||192.168.0.10|
- The specified Flexible Engine user should have the following rights for Hystax Acura to operate correctly:
- Import image
- Launch instance
- Create volume
- Attach volume to instance
- Detach volume from instance
- Create volume snapshot
- Create volume from snapshot
- Remove snapshot
- Remove volume
- Manage networks
- Step 4: Installation is complete, and you can now log in to the system using credentials entered in the previous step.
Congratulations, you are now ready to use Acura!