Hystax is a cloud migration and disaster recovery company focusing on consistent replication of IT workloads and providing real-time migration and Best-In-Class Disaster Recovery.
To deploy the Hystax Acura solution, a customer needs to request Hystax ([email protected]) to provide an AMI and a CloudFormation template of the solution and follow the steps described in this document.
• Hystax Acura host:
• Hystax Cloud Agent (launched manually in the target ESXi or vCenter cluster):
1. Create a machine from the OVA with Hystax Acura and start it.
2. Open a web browser and go to https://<ip_address_of_the_machine>/. You will be redirected to the Hystax Setup Wizard. After you perform all the steps, the installation will be complete, and you will be able to start using Hystax Acura.
3. Step 1: Enter the organization name and new Hystax Admin User credentials into the Setup Wizard. This will be the user account for logging in to Hystax Acura Control Panel and managing the system. If there are any errors, the system will notify you.
4. Step 2: Fill in the Hystax License key that was supposed to be shared with you in advance as well as the settings for accessing your mail server, which will be used to send notifications from Acura and generate periodic reports.
Note: SMTP server with TLS/SSL encryption is required to proceed with deployment.
If you prefer a public SMTP server associated with your email address (gmail, yahoo, etc.), please find its settings online. In the case of a private SMTP server, contact your network administrator for further details.
A sample notification will be sent to the specified “Test email” to verify the functionality when you click “Next”.
5. Step 3: Fill in all the fields by providing cloud configuration details. Use question mark icons to get hints on the fields. After you click “Next”, the Setup Wizard will validate the entered data and notify you in case of an error.
In case of using vCloud Director in your VMware setup, check the corresponding box at Step 3 and fill in the extra mandatory fields needed to access the target environment.
6. Step 4: Installation is complete, and you can now log in to the Acura Control Panel (ACP) using the credentials entered in the first step.
7. After logging into ACP as a new customer, download a Cloud Agent OVA file.
8. Use this template to create and launch a service VM in your target ESXi or vCenter Cluster.
9. The initial configuration is complete, and you can proceed to download and install replication agents depending on the type of your source machines.
Hystax Acura automatically checks cloud access and the necessary permissions for assuring successful operation. It provides detailed error messages that describe their potential causes. In case of an error, please check the correctness of the data entered and the availability of the necessary permissions.
Feel free to use the contact details below to reach Hystax support in case you have any questions or difficulties with the installation process. Hystax Support Portal is available at https://support.hystax.com/, which includes all articles from our Knowledge Base. You can also submit support requests in your personal account.