To perform cloud migration you need to complete the following steps:
2. On a customer dashboard you can find information about replicated machines, Migration Plans, and Migrations running on a target cloud. By default, no resources are available for a new customer.
3. Click on the ‘Download agents’ button in the main menu, select a customer for which machines need to be replicated and download a replication agent.
There are three types of replication agents:
4. When any of the agents are deployed, the machine with it (or all machines on the same ESXi host where the agent is located) will appear in Hystax Acura Control Panel under the customer dashboard in the Discovered state.
5. To start replication of machines, select the machines and click ‘Start replication’ under ‘Bulk actions’ or for any of the machines specifically. After ‘Start replication’ is performed, machines will be replicated to a target cloud, first, Hystax Acura takes full replicas and, later, incremental replicas according to a schedule set globally for all the machines or for any group of machines or for any machines specifically.
6. To change replication schedule, navigate to Replication schedule under a machine settings or Bulk actions. Refer to https://hystax.com/documentation/disaster-recovery-and-cloud-backup/dr_overview.html#edit-replication-schedule for more information on configuring the settings.
7. Migration is based on Migration Plans which are scenarios of what needs to be migrated and in what order. Refer to https://hystax.com/documentation/disaster-recovery-and-cloud-backup/dr_overview.html#disaster-recovery-plans for more information about Migration Plans.
To create a Migration Plan click Add on Migration Plans region.
8. While creating a Migration Plan orchestration is available under Basic and Expert modes. Basic mode helps to generate a plan with standard settings, expert mode is a JSON script with more powerful settings described under https://hystax.com/documentation/disaster-recovery-and-cloud-backup/dr_overview.html#dr-plan-syntax.
9. Add all the machines that need to be migrated, place them into ranks, and set correct IP addresses, networks, and boot delays.
10. When the Migration Plan is ready, you can run test or production failovers. To run a migration, select a Migration Plan and click Run Migration.
11. On a third step select a restore point for the migration by selecting Restore point time. For all of the machines selected the closest snapshot in the past will be taken. Click Run Migration to start the process.
12. When a migration is running you can see and control its status on the Cloud Site page available via customer dashboard.
13. When you are done with test migration you can delete it and start a new one. For the final cutover, just detach Hystax Acura from the migration and Hystax Acura will stop tracking any resources belonging to this migration.