Hystax is a cloud migration and disaster recovery company focusing on consistent replication of IT workloads and providing real-time migration and Best-In-Class Disaster Recovery.
To deploy the Hystax Acura solution, a customer needs to request Hystax ([email protected]) to provide an AMI and a CloudFormation template of the solution and follow the steps described in this document.
• Hystax Acura host: (downloaded from Acura Control Panel and deployed from an OVA template on the target ESXi host or vCenter Cluster)
• Hystax Cloud Agent (spawned automatically in the Target Project):
1. Deploy a virtual machine from the golden image with a key pair attached and launch it in the OpenStack cloud.
Note: Adding a key pair is highly recommended to provide you with SSH access to the machine. Although the Hystax Engineering team will be able to perform maintenance checks and troubleshooting (as long as the network is reachable and your security groups allow the corresponding traffic), it is better to have your own means of accessing the Acura instance. Please refer to OpenStack’s official documentation on adding an SSH public-private key pair to VMs.
It takes from 10 to 20 minutes for the services to start and the Web UI to become available.
2. Open a web browser and go to https://<ip_address of the machine>/. You will be redirected to the Hystax Setup Wizard. After you perform all the steps, the installation will be complete, and you will be able to start using Hystax Acura.
3. Step 1: Enter the organization name and new Hystax Admin User credentials into the Setup Wizard. This will be the user account for logging in to Hystax Acura Control Panel and managing the system. If there are any errors, the system will notify you.
4. Step 2: Fill in your Hystax License key that was supposed to be shared with you in advance as well as the settings for accessing your mail server, which will be used to send notifications from Acura and generate periodic reports.
If you prefer a public SMTP server associated with your email address (gmail, yahoo, etc.), please find its settings online. In the case of a private SMTP server, contact your network administrator for further details.
A sample notification will be sent to the specified “Test email” to verify the functionality when you click “Next”.
5. Step 3: Fill in all the fields by providing cloud configuration details. Use question mark icons to get hints on the fields. After you click “Next”, the Setup Wizard will validate the entered data and notify you in case of an error.
The specified OpenStack user should have the following rights for Hystax Acura to operate correctly:
6. Step 4: Installation is complete, and you can now log in to the system using the credentials entered in the previous step.
Hystax Acura automatically checks cloud access and the necessary permissions for assuring successful operation. It provides detailed error messages that describe their potential causes. In case of an error, please check the correctness of the data entered and the availability of the necessary permissions.
Feel free to use the contact details below to reach Hystax support in case you have any questions or difficulties with the installation process. Hystax Support Portal is available at https://support.hystax.com/, which includes all articles from our Knowledge Base. You can also submit support requests in your personal account.